Pages

January 6, 2012

Girls in White Dresses- Jennifer Close

Image DetailDo you ever start a book and just a few chapters in realize you've made a huge mistake? The book is boring, or fluffy or just doesn't fit your mood? I completely made this mistake with Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close. I like a light read as much as the next person, but so far this audiobook has been total fluff read by a girl who does different airhead voices for each of the female characters. Now that I'm on the third cd though, I know there's no turning back. I have to finish the thing. So far the book has been about young women in their twenties flailing around after college. They go to bars, get engaged, break off their engagements and gossip about people. Total chick-lit, yes, but there's been no "lit" in this book yet. I was lured in by the book jacket, but I've been deceived! Oh well, I can't stop now. Must.....press.....on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment